Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Mother"


200 x 200mm
Oil on Board
"Mother"

This is my likeness of my Mother aged 86, from a photo taken last week.

She’s a funny old biddy. She has religiously phoned me once a week from the UK, and just lately now that the phone calls are much cheaper, once or twice a day, to see if my wife is giving me enough to eat. Don’t get me wrong, Lyn, my wife is the one who inherits everything, as she is ma’s favourite daughter. She forgets now. She’ll tell me something two or three times in the same conversation. She always kept herself young, by mixing with young people. She used to golf alot and always liked a good laugh.

I hate to see her looking so old. I hate to see me looking so old.

Young people out there….grab every single second of to-day and wring life out of it. You’ll never see to-day again. Also be careful what comes out of your mouth. Most things do indeed come to pass.

You can’t go far wrong by saying “I love you”, now and again.

Bob

No comments: