Friday, September 21, 2007

"Field of Poppies"




"Field of Poppies"
200 x200 mm
oil on board

You know I paint because I’m incapable of doing anything else since I was handed an incurable lung desease. But besides really enjoying the discovery of art and all of its facets, I have found that it has taken me on another parrallel discovery.

I joined a forum in America http://www.wetcanvas.com/ . I made many friends and discovered many new ways of approaching art. I started off by painting subjects that I could see. Animals, portraits, etc etc I still enjoy painting these subjects from time to time. But the best, the real challenge, is to paint what you can see in your mind and not with your eyes.

Try and envisage an abstract painting and put it onto canvass. It’s not easy. You may think it’s just slapping paint on canvass. Well I guess it can be sometimes, but I haven’t found it that way yet. I have found it more of a challenge of discovery than painting a merekat.


“Field of Poppies” - No I don’t think I’ve lost it yet, Maybe I have, who knows?

Anyway, the important point being, I think that you should try all things within reason (ie Say No to Drugs), and discover places, things and maybe most important, YOURSELF and how far you can push your mind. Try it, you’ll be suprised!

You may end up pushing your mind out in business and making a real success of your life.

Bob

No comments: