Thursday, August 9, 2007

Warthog Poetry

I posted a painting of a Warthog on a Wet Canvas Forum yesterday and Patrick Hedges came back with a Warthog Peom which promted this reply from me.

How many Warthogs have you seen to-day?
A dozen or more is usually the way.

On knees, snout down, their tails in the air,
If your’e lucky, and quiet, you may see a pair.

Of one thing I’m certain you won’t see much of,
Is warthogs in water with all their clothes off.

I’ve seen many animals, prancing around,
but seldom a warthog with feet not on ground.

Awarthog is happiest when covered in mud,
Much happier than any cow chewing her cud.

A beauty a warthog indeed maybe not,
but I’m not a kettle and you’re not a pot.

(A kettle calling the pot black for all those that can’t figure out what I mean)


No comments: