Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Her Imperial Highness"


150 x 200
Oil on Board
"Her Imperial Highness"


Finished at last, but unfortunately the colours have somehow not transfered properly.
I have named her HIH because that's how I see this mother. She is not Queen, however most animals are affraid of her, because one bite will crack a leg and spell death to any adversary.
She works hard providing for her family, yet is derided as being a dirty and second rate animal whose sexual life is devient. All false.
Her latin name is Crocuta Crocuta. Related more to the Suricate (Meerkat) than to our dogs.

My pet Hyenas name is Crunch,
He has such funny taste.
He eats just anything for lunch,
He says he don't like waste.

I've seen him eat a crockodile,
an Elephant and a cow.
For lunch I've seen him walk a mile,
Here comes an arab dhow.

I wished he wouldn't eat so much,
Be choosey with his diet.
Every time I tell him such,
He tells me to keep quiet.

Bob
Have a good one!

No comments: